Friday, July 1, 2011

Victory at Victor Tangos- Dallas Editon

 

On an impromptu trip to Dallas to visit some of my favorite peeps, I thought I would knock out two of my requirements every time I stay in a different city other than my own: great food and a good time. The restaurant Victor Tangos is where the party begins.




Victor Tango's is an eclectic spot full of energy
especially on the weekends. Even though we arrived during the busiest time of dinner service we were promptly seated. The atmosphere is more hustle and bustle than a romantic evening with your pumpkin. VT is a place for you and your friends to hang out and enjoy made from scratch cocktails and urban fare with a twist.

After calling the restaurant and speaking to the manager Liz, I was able to chat with Chef Greg for a few moments. I asked Chef Greg what he would suggest that I order, and was pleasantly surprised with almost all of his recommendations.

His first recommendation as was the Ahi Tuna Nachos, these were my absolute favorite. The addition of the fresh jalapeño slice and cilantro was a refreshing treat. I enjoyed all of the textures in this dish. I figured that from this point on, things could only get better.

I was almost right. The seasonal Burratta Mozzarella showed up to the party next and perhaps should have been uninvited. I found it to be a tad gummy. The concept was there with the diced peaches on top, but it missed the mark.

The Lamb Chop Lollipops and the creamy Crab Mac and Cheese are a must have.

Do yourself a solid and order dessert. The Warm Sticky Toffee cake was so delicious and large enough to share.

This is a place I would definitely make a stop at on my next visit.

Cha cha cha over to Victor Tangos…

Deliciously yours,
The Culinary Cutie


3001 North Henderson Avenue
Dallas, TX 75206

(214) 252-8595

No comments: