Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ruggles Green

The newest location of Ruggles Green located in the City Center is a certified green restaurant. This means that they are always incorporating organic, hormone free, natural and preservative free products on the menu. What this means to you is better ingredients equals better taste. I can definitely tell a difference, especially in fruits and produce.


Ruggles Green has a very diverse menu with something for everyone, so I tried everything for someone. Don't judge. Items on my list and on the table were Ruggles Green Classic Crab Cake, Hummus, Organic Spinach Dip, Chef Bruce's all Natural Chicken Sandwich, Honey Fried Goat Cheese Salad, Pink Velvet Cake, and my favorite Pan Seared Chicken. I do all these things for you, my avid readers, who never know what to try because everything looks so good. I took one for the Culinary Team and nearly died of a food overdose. Anything for you guys.

I would suggest you try the Crab Cake. It is huge, so definitely enough to share as an appetizer or make into a meal with a small salad. If you are teetering between the Hummus and the Spinach Dip go for the Spinach Dip. The Chicken Sandwich had too many flavors and was VERY messy. If you are going to Ruggles Green on a hot date, it may turn into a hot mess after you try to pick up this sandwich. I nearly ruined my Sunday's best as I watched all of the insides fall and splatter onto my plate. The Honey Fried Goat Cheese Salad was a bust; with only arugula and no other mixed greens, this salad was very bitter in taste.

If your not lucky enough to get one of the coveted booths, expect a cramped dining room unless you opt to sit outside on the patio. Ruggles Green was a fulfilling experience to say the least.

Deliciously Yours,
The Culinary Cutie

Ruggles Green
801 Town And Country Blvd. 1B
Houston, Texas 77024
713.464.5557
http://www.rugglesgreen.com/

No comments: