Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ni hao and Konnichiwa from the Ginger Cafe


My objective this week was to find a Chinese or Japanese restaurant with an elegant atmosphere and good food.  I found both options at Ginger Cafe, So it is only right that I say hello in both languages. Not only will you find yummy restaurants to go to in the Houston area, but you will broaden your otherwise limited Japanese and Chinese vocabulary just being a Culinary Cutie fan.

The ambiance and decor is beautiful, it is not over done or tacky. You will notice a very attractive sushi bar and lounge area where you could dine alone or meet some friends for sake, sushi, and cocktails. I ordered a dish from the Japanese and Chinese menu. To start I had the Szechwan dumplings with a “spicy” glaze that wasn't spicy. They were a little doughy in my opinion. I would have preferred them pan fried. Sometimes it doesn't pay to try to be healthy.

The second dish I ordered was better than the last. The Texas beef roll. The seared beef rolls were wrapped around green onions with a tangy glaze brushed on top. Pretty tasty. My entree was a house specialty according to the waitress, so I had to try it along with their house special -flower tea. I don't know what kind of flower it was and neither did the waitress, but if I did I would grow a whole garden of them. The tea was my favorite part of the dinner.



If you are searching for a place to go with well-designed decor, soft lighting and music wafting in the background, look no further. This is not an experience that will go down in the history books as the best, but not bad at all.

Mata Hanashite (talk to you soon)
-The Culinary Cutie

1952 W. Gray
                                  Houston, TX 77019

                           http://www.cafegingerhouston.com/

No comments: