Thursday, August 4, 2011

Picky Pizza II - Chicago Giordano's



Next up in the pizza wars of Chicago was Giordano's. Giordano's opened in 1974 and was named after the owners' mother. With over 55 locations in Illinois and Florida, their pizza is always steadily evolving. Giordano's is famous for it's stuffed pizza. Although I must say that the thin crust was really great. After my experience at Pizza Uno, I was reluctant to try another "famous" Chicago style pizza. The ambiance is something you would expect from a pizza joint. Nothing surprising, red checkered tables and red booths. I would have liked for the bar to be a bit larger and more accessible given the long wait time for a table and pizza. After my Uno experience I decided to switch form the deep dish to thin crust, which was not the thin crust that I am used to.


It didn't take long for my pizza to come out after we were sat. I was looking forward to a fresh, hot and melty (yes, I made that word up) pizza, and I found it at Giordano's. Unlike Uno's their cheese was actually melted, which was a plus. The pizza sauce was tangy and plentiful but not overwhelming. I decided to have a cheese and pepperoni pizza, and my husband got the same with green olives. Surprisingly, the pizza wasn't greasy even with the addition of the pepperoni. Although they are very busy being a tourist attraction the customer service is still pretty good. Again,better than Uno's.
Based on the pizza I had in Chicago, Giordano's gets my vote as the most delicious pizza in the Windy City. I would definitely chow down here again.

Winning with Giordano's.

Deliciously yours,
The Culinary Cutie



No comments: