Monday, August 9, 2010

Restaurant week 2010- In the Beginning, there was Brennan's...


Wow, where do I start? I am going to describe Brennan's to you just as I described it to my friends and family after I left Saturday night. Brennan's is bomb. Like seriously. Everything about this place exudes excellence.


Brennan's of Houston located on 3300 Smith Street, was my first stop at restaurant week. This was the perfect place to start, not only did it set the bar for the other restaurants to follow suit; it exceeded my expectations of what "The Brennan's" was going to be.

I have talked to girlfriends who had their rehearsal dinner, anniversary, baby showers and every other milestone at Brennan's, but I didn't truly understand the magic behind its restored walls. First on my list are the people. You can have a simply amazing venue, view, food and ambiance, but nothing can replace good quality people. When you walk in to Brennan's, you will be greeted by the valet attendees who give you a warm smile and tell you to enjoy your dining experience. Now your inside and you may be greeted by one of the hostesses Claire, who is equally as sweet. If you have time, make your way to the bar to say hi to another integral piece of the Brennan's team Adam. Adam-man who creates liquid heaven. (that is his Indian name).

After a drink or two or three of Adam's, I thought it would be a good idea to have a little snack before I came back for dinner in a couple of days. I had the 1-1-1 soup appetizer, this is great for those who are indecisive when it comes to food (me). You will get to try 3 different types of soup including their most delicious turtle soap spiked with a splash of sherry if you like. We also tried the chef’s playground, instead of getting sweaty on a merry-go-round at recess, you get to relish in the delightful tastes of venison and foie gras.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Chef Danny who is down to earth and very personable. You can tell that he is passionate about his food and wants you to feel warm and fuzzy after you leave. What I noticed most about Brennan's is everyone that works there wants you to have a memorable dining experience, from our waiter Jon, to the management team, to the other waiters who weren't even assigned to our table.
Eating at Brennan's will make you want to make your next reservation before you even finish dessert. Speaking of, do yourself a favor and order the after dinner coffee, you can see it in my video. The epitome of a night cap.
Nighty Night Brennan's, see you at Sunday Brunch

Deliciously yours,

The Culinary Cutie

Brennan's of Houston
3300 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77006
713-522-9711

No comments: