Monday, June 7, 2010

Café Rosé

I recently visited Cafe Rose located on the ground level of Hotel Sorella in the City Center. This quaint cafe is stylishly decorated, with lots of open air and space. The menu is limited in selections, but the items that they did have available were acceptable. The wine list was rather sparse, but I did not expect them to have a cellar of stellar wines to begin with. I came to enjoy lunch on a Saturday afternoon, and there were no other patrons at the cafe except myself and a dear friend.


I placed my order for chicken salad sandwich accompanied by a petite spinach salad comprised of gala apples, spiced pecans, blue cheese crumbles, red shaved onion tossed with a spiced cider vinaigrette. This salad was light and refreshing, perfect for a hot Texas summers day. I would have liked to see a different type of bread on the chicken salad sandwich. White bread seemed a little blasé for a French inspired cafe. Perhaps a crusty toasted baguette would have been the "it" factor it needed.




I wouldn't go out of my way to visit again, but If I happened to be in the area, I might give it another try. For those that speak a little French...


Manger at Cafe Rose


800 W. Sam Houston PKWY
Building 9 / Houston,TX 77024
713-827-3545
www.bistroalex.com/cafe-rose/




Deliciously Yours,


The Culinary Cutie

No comments: