Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Branch Water Tavern

Wow it's loud in here. What? I said Wow, it's loud in here. I can't hear you. Never mind. Man it is really loud in here. That is what I said. What?

This will be the first 10 minutes of your conversation at Branch Water Tavern located on 510 Shepard. Executive chef and owner David Grossman puts a unique twist on traditional pub food. The duck fat popcorn was first on my list to try. It sounded so savory and indulgent I could not resist. I am glad the I didn't. The fusion of the duck fat with the popcorn created a rich flavor far more delicious than it's bland cousin. I could have ate it until closing time at 2:00 am (Saturday).

As some of you may of you may know I like to call myself a crab cake connoisseur. So of course I had to try the Branch Water's take on the ever so popular dish. I would give it a 7 on a scale 1-10. Do not misunderstand, that is a very good score, I grade crab cakes like a college professor who never gives an A.

On a Saturday night I would suggest making reservations. If you are looking for a romantic spot to gaze into your lovers eyes and whisper sweet nothings, keep driving. If you are looking a for a place to hang with your boys or your gal pals, pull up to the complementary valet and hop out. If the air outside is not too humid, grab a seat outside for a few cocktails.

Say it again Sam...no really, say it again Sam. At Branch Water Tavern.

510 Shepard
Houston, TX
713-863-7777
http://branchwatertavern.com/

Deliciously Yours,

The Culinary Cutie



No comments: