Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Enjoying Shade on a Sunny Sunday



It's 12:00 pm on a Sunday and you are leaving church, what is next on the agenda? Brunch obviously. This Sunday we went to Shade, a great little restaurant in the heart of the Heights. I have been to Shade many times, and I keep coming back because I am never disappointed. The food is consistently mouthwatering. When you visit Shade you can expect to leave feeling satisfied, without peering into an empty wallet. The quality of food is quite fresh. At Shade, you can order anything from grilled pork chops to waffles with apple wood smoked bacon.


We both opted for the grilled pork chops served with a pepper jelly, sauteed broccolini, and bacon and Gruyere cheese macaroni. ($14). After we finished our entrees, my husband and I had a look of disbelief and sadness on our faces. This moment was bitter sweet for me. Our meal was so good, I didn't want it to end, but I could see it rapidly approaching with each bite I savored. The only thing I could think  to make us feel a little better was a Blackberry Butter Brown Tart. This little piece of heaven came to us in the form of a light, refreshing treat with sweet creamy ice cream to top it off. The tangy blackberries with a buttery crust along with ice cream made this indulgence even better. I expect to see you next Sunday at Shade.


-Have it made in the Shade


Deliciously Yours,
The Culinary Cutie


250 West 19th Street
Houston, TX 77008-4010
(713) 863-7500


No comments: